About Boston Center for the Arts:
Boston Center for the Arts is a nexus of the arts in Boston, fostering the development of contemporary visual and performing arts and convening artists and audiences to create, explore and celebrate all creative disciplines. An integral part of the cultural fabric of the city of Boston, Boston Center for the Arts utilizes its historic campus in the vibrant South End to present world-class exhibitions and performances, provide affordable work space, engage cultural consumers throughout the region, and nurture artists with the resources to take risks and develop new art works. For more information, please visit www.bcaonline.org.
Parking and Transportation:
Boston Center for the Arts | 539 Tremont Street, Boston, MA 02116
The BCA is easily accessible by public transportation.
- MBTA Orange Line to Back Bay Station
- Take the Clarendon Street exit and walk with traffic (Clarendon Street is one-way). Walk approximately 500 yards to Tremont Street. Take a left onto Tremont Street. The BCA is on the first block on the left.
- MBTA Green Line to Copley
- Continue along Boylston Street with traffic (Boylston Street is one-way). Take a right onto Clarendon Street and walk approximately 750 yards to Tremont Street. Take a left onto Tremont Street. The BCA is on the first block on the left.
- MBTA Silver Line SL4 & SL5
- Exit at either East Berkeley Street or Union Park. Walk towards Tremont Street by following the direction of traffic on either Berkeley or Union Park. From Berkeley, turn left onto Tremont; from Union Park turn right onto Tremont.
- MBTA Bus #43
- Bus route 43 travels along Tremont Street between Ruggles, on the Orange line, and Park Street, on the Green and Red lines. Click here for the MBTA map of bus route 43. Boston Center for the Arts is located between the Tremont Street at East Berkeley Street and Tremont Street at Waltham Street stops.
On-street parking is very limited in the immediate area.
- Corner of Shawmut and East Berkeley Streets
- Atelier 505 Parking Garage
- Located under the Calderwood Pavilion. Enter on Warren Ave, at the rear of the building.
- Garage @ 100 Clarendon Street
- Located on Clarendon Street between Stuart Street and Columbus Ave, just before Back Bay Station. Visit the 100 Clarendon website for information on current rates.
- Open Lots on Berkeley
- There are two open parking lots on Berkeley Street at Columbus Avenue. Open until 10pm.